Guy Barlow – Managing Director
- Please explain your job in a nutshell
I’m Denfield’s Managing Director. I make sure that both our clients and our team are happy. My favourite way to achieve this is to come up with the next big idea - our team get so enthused and the clients are always delighted with our high levels of creativity.
- What’s the best part of what you do?
Ideas generation. It’s easy to create a nice press advert when requested, but it’s more rewarding to help solve a business issue with a bright idea.
- What made you choose to be a Managing Director?
I’m not sure you choose to be an MD, more of a ‘work towards’ approach. I’m delighted to be in a position to see all of the projects that we look after and for such a wide range of clients. I’m sure some of the team get a little frustrated with my input at late stages in projects, but I just can’t help myself!
- What training or work experience did you undertake to become a Managing Director?
On-the-job training – from working client side, to working my way up from an Account Executive to where I am today at Denfield. Ten years of experience has allowed me to see where support is required and also know when people need to be left to flourish.
- What advice would you give anyone wanting to be a Managing Director?
Hard work and a real enjoyment of your job can get you a long way towards your career goals, being a people person gets you over the final hurdle.
- What’s the best part of working at Denfield?
The team I work with on a daily basis as they’re enthusiastic, hardworking, award-winning marketing professionals that won’t stop until the job is done and the client is happy.
- If you weren’t a Managing Director, what job would you like to do?
UFC light middleweight champion of the world or lead singer in a heavy metal band.
- What’s your favourite pizza topping?